- Summer vacations. We will not be scheduling appointments or checking emails on 6/19, 6/20, 6/28, 6/29, 7/3, 7/4, 7/31, 8/1, 8/17, 8/21, 8/22, & 8/23, as the clinic will be closed due to vacation, rural ER shifts, or federal holidays. If you receive your prescriptions from us, please give us at least a week’s notice this summer for your refills! As promised, we’ll have coverage from other DPC doctors in Lawrence, Westwood and OP on those days if you need to be seen in an urgent manner. These same physicians will be staffing your urgent phone calls as well during those dates.
- Interns and students and staff, oh my! We’ll have several new faces in the clinic this summer:
- Aaron Davis, a second-year medical student at KU, is working with us for a month in May through June as he sharpens his clinical skills and gets more experience seeing how medicine works once you’re beyond the books.
- Jay Warring is a recovering policy advocate making a career switch into the healthcare field. He is a trained EMT and begins classes towards his PA degree in the fall. He’ll be working with us this summer developing on his clinical skills and helping with some big projects to keep KCDPC moving forward.
- We’re also hiring! We’re looking for a medical assistant, licensed practical nurse, registered nurse, or phlebotomist who would be a great fit with the clinic. We’re patient and are waiting for the right applicant to come along, so spread the word! Full job description can be found here.
- Thank you! Thank you to everyone who came out to last month’s health fair. We were able to offer health screening, free produce, door prizes, free helmets, yoga, and more to about 75 neighbors, patients, and friends. Additionally, we had help from some amazing second-year medical students who provided BMI and blood sugar testing. Thanks to Bahar Barani and Hebron Kelecha for the help keeping Rosedale well!
For the most up-to-date posts and event details, check out our Facebook page.