Join us in delivering the kind of outpatient care you always wished you could provide in a friendly and supportive environment!
We firmly believe that our clinic is one of the best primary care clinics because we are a direct primary care practice. We have no insurance billing, no prior authorizations, and no filling out endless forms and checkboxes. Freeing ourselves from third-party payments means we are 100% patient-centered, caring for our patients and showing them respect at every point in their healthcare journey.
SKILLS, ROLE, AND DUTIES
Skills: First and foremost, we’re looking for someone who enjoys coming to a job each day where they get to actually help and care for people in a healthcare setting. Qualified applicants will have the following skills:
– Service-oriented; has a can-do attitude
– Team player; works well as a member of a team in a dynamic, ever-changing small business environment
– Good on the phone; thrives while talking and interacting with customers
– Professional and poised; presents him/herself professionally and remains calm while interacting with difficult customers or handling customer complaints
– Computer applications; proficiency in the Google Suite of services (Google Docs, Gmail, Sheets, etc.)
– Critical thinking and prioritization; able to identify, articulate, and escalate issues
– Attention to detail; capture, document, and communicate information precisely and keep work areas clean and free of clutter.
– Ability to multi-task; can handle a dynamic activity and workload in a fast-paced environment
– Clear communication; excellent English verbal and written communication skills; excellent spoken Spanish is a plus.
Role: As we are a very, very small practice, this employee will serve two overarching roles. The first will be to support the clerical logistics and flow of the clinic and physicians with a customer-service mindset. The second role is clinical and serves to help with clinical duties such as RN visits, case management, rooming patients, performing blood draws, point-of-care testing, and injections.
Duties: The following is a brief list of duties of this job; as with any description or list, as time goes on there may be tasks removed or added.
Clerical tasks include:
– Requesting and receiving records
– Coordinating referrals to outside hospitals and providers
– Coordinating and managing the clinicians’ schedules
– Thorough documentation in our EHR, Atlas.md
– Greeting patients on arrival, creating a hospitable environment, and preparing patients for the clinician’s examination.
– Answering the phone and providing information to patients and potential patients.
– Keeping work and clinical areas organized, clean, and well stocked.
Clinical tasks may include:
– Maintaining an orderly, efficient, and timely flow of patients
– Instructing patients and assisting in collection of samples and tests
– Taking vitals & guiding patients to the exam room
– Relaying medical instructions to patients and family
– Phlebotomy & point-of-care testing
– RN visits for immunizations, weight checks, chronic care management, etc.
HOURS & START DATE
We hope to hire for this position within the next few months. Position hours are (tentatively*):
Monday 8:30a – 12:00p
Tuesday 1:00p – 8:00p
Wednesday 8:30a – 12:00p
Thursday 8:30a – 12:00p
Friday 8:30a – 12:00p
No weekends or call!
*We are a growing company, so we may change and adjust hours as time goes on.
– Hourly wages paid via W2 starting at $25.00 (for an RN) or $16 (for phlebotomist/MA)
– Paid time off for vacation and sick leave
– Paternity leave for those employed full-time for > 1 year
– Matching retirement contributions for those employed > 1 year
– Healthcare through membership coverage to a direct primary care clinic for those employed > 90 days
– Continuing education reimbursement and licensure costs
– One to three years experience in the healthcare setting is preferred. Experience in an outpatient primary care or urgent care practice is preferred.
– Appropriate licensure in Kansas is required and Missouri is preferred.
– BLS certification
– TB testing within the last year
– Influenza vaccine within the last year
Please provide a cover letter answering the question: “Why do you want to work at Kansas City Direct Primary Care?” and, as a screening to see if you’ve read this entire job description, a comment on if you drink coffee, and if so — do you take cream or sugar? We try to not take ourselves too, too seriously around here! 🙂
Positively screened candidates will be asked to fill out a pre-interview questionnaire. Upon review of the questionnaire, candidates will be asked to schedule an interview via videoconference as soon as convenient. Those offered interviews should be ready with 3 references (one supervisor, one colleague, and one personal reference) at the time of the interview.